With so much going on digitally, staying productive and focused can be challenging. While technology can contribute to a chaotic mental state, you can also use it to organize your life.
If you have many contacts and communicate with several co-workers, friends and family via email, your inbox can sometimes get flooded. But if you use Apple Mail, you can use email reminders to get back to someone’s email later.
Whether you use Apple Mail on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, we’ll teach you how to set up and use email reminders below.
How to Use Email Reminders on an iPhone or iPad
There are two ways to access the email reminders feature in the Apple Mail app for iOS and iPadOS devices. We’ll look at both methods below.
Using Apple Mail’s Remind Me Feature From the Inbox
If you’re looking at your emails in your inbox and want a quick way to sort through them and set reminders for yourself, you can do so with a simple swipe. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide showing you how:
- Open the native Mail app and swipe left on the email you wish to set a reminder for.
- tap on the more button indicated by three dots.
- Now, tap on Remind Me from the pop-up menu and select any of the four reminder options:
- Remind Me in 1 Hour: You’ll receive a notification exactly an hour from the time you set the reminder.
- Remind Me Tonight: You’ll receive a notification at 9pm local time.
- Remind Me Tomorrow: You’ll receive a notification at 8am local time the next day.
- Remind Me Later: You can set a custom time and date for when to receive the reminder.
You can also set reminders in the Mail app after opening and reading an email to get back to it later.
Using Apple Mail’s Remind Me Feature From an Email
When you open an email, you’ll see a few icons at the bottom of the screen. While all of them help you sort, organize, and interact with your mailbox, you can follow these steps to set a reminder:
- Once you’ve opened an email, tap the Reply button, which looks like a leftward-facing arrow.
- Now, tap Remind Me in the menu that pops up from the bottom.
- Choose the relevant reminder option for you.
How to Use Email Reminders on a Mac
While you can rely on a lot of Mac apps to set up reminders, that might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Fortunately, just like the iOS and iPadOS versions of the Mail app, you can access the Remind Me feature from your inbox.
However, your Mac’s bigger screen allows you to sort through your emails while previewing the message simultaneously. So, here’s what you need to do to use the Remind Me feature in Apple Mail:
- Open the built-in Mail app and select the message you want to set a reminder for.
- Either swipe right with two fingers on your trackpad or control-click on the e-mail.
- Select the reminder option best for you.
The Remind Me feature is just one of the many reasons to use Apple Mail on your Mac.
Never Forget an Email Again With Apple Mail
It’ll be hard to forget to email someone again once you implement Apple Mail’s Remind Me feature in your daily routine. Apple has made it so easy to access this feature that you don’t need to rely on third-party reminder apps.
Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you can remind yourself about important emails within seconds and receive notifications later to get back to them.